Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Food, selfies, Rotterdam

Wooops! Hello there! Last week felt so long for some strange reason. My first week in Holland needed some getting used to, but I survived. Gladly my job has been keeping me busy and the little ones seemed to be happy that I was back :)

From one trip to another me and Nicole decided to go to Rotterdam this Sunday. I hadn't heard many good things about it to be honest, but I was curious to see if it was actually that bad. In my opinion, it wasn't, but it's nothing like any other Dutch city I have been to so far. Very industrial with many harbors and extremely modern architecture.

As usual you are not going to see many pictures of the city itself because once we got in to the huge markthal were the main attraction was food, we kind of got stuck looking at the food. You will see in the pictures above what I'm talking about.
 Cube houses

 Markthal!
 That ceiling...okay, it's not michelangelo, but still.
 Jamοn serrano! Spain everywhere...
 Nicole enjoying her Italian treat, cannoli!
 Since Dutch food isn't something to brag about we decided to have sushi. First time for me eating sushi...not to mention that it was also the first time using chopsticks. Nicole had a good laugh with me whenever I was trying to grab something.
 Surfing! Don't even ask how we took this picture...so embarrassing :D
  And that was our little daytrip in Rotterdam! Sorry, if you got hungry with all those food pictures.

Have a nice week!



(had to share this)

Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment