Saturday, February 18, 2012

I love alcohol...NOT!

Hey!

I feel bad that I haven't written anything! I feel so sick today that studying for my exams doesn't sound very good to me at this point. Last week I was a bit busy, because I was studying and preparing my costume for penkkarit!

Penkkarit is a celebration for our last day of school where all senior students (or abit in finnish ) dress up in different costumes. We also get a ride on a truck and go to different schools to throw candy to the younger kids. It was a lot of fun but I have to admit that I was't wearing enough clothes and that's how I got sick. Being on that truck while the temperature was below zero, was an unforgetable experience!:P

Later after the truck ride was over, we had the day free and in the evening we went to a bar...oh yes! That was the first time I went to a finnish bar or club, so I was a bit scared of what was about to come. It was a lot how I expected it to be, but I am still a bit shocked! People were drinking way too much and I can't say that I didn't drink at all, but I knew when I had to stop.

On the other hand I had a great time, but I was trying not to pay attention on what other people were doing around me. Almost everybody was drunk or a bit tipsy. There were broken glasses everywhere and the smell of vomit in the bathrooms was horrible. Greek parties are nothing like that. Maybe if you go to a club in Mykonos things get out of control, but in general greek people know how to have fun without the alcohol.

At least now I know how finnish people party and I also know that I don't want to act the same way. I just feel sorry that people can't control themselves when it comes to alcohol.

I don't know if you agree or disagree with me, but please let me know what your opinion is. I would be glad to know what other people think about this.

Have a great Saturday night! :)

Karpalo

                      I was a hippie! :D Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment