Monday, September 22, 2014

Sun, party, classes

Hallo! Here I am once again after a small break of blogging. I have been so busy with all this exploring and cycling, plus the weather has been really good so I needed to take advantage of that now that I still can.

Last week was full of new and interesting things! Last Sunday my friend invited me to a techno festival and I wasn't quite sure whether I was going to totally fit in...those of you who know me in real life techno and me just don't really get along that well. To my surprise though I had a good time and most of it was thanks to my awesome company! Now I can check out "Going to a techno party" off my list.
 Talking with my super tall Dutch friend, Geert and getting blind with the sun in my eyes
Some happy faces!

I also had my first Dutch lesson last Monday (which means that today is my second class) and I must say that my pronunciation is quite crappy. The whole week I have been trying to learn all these new words and I still feel like I forget them immediately! It's so different from the languages I already speak that it's going to be quite a challenge, but what the hell, I will learn it eventually! At least my life might get a bit easier with my communication with the kids at home.

 I also had my first art class on Saturday at the Rietveld Academie. I had the interview on Friday where they selected people and I was one of the lucky ones. The interviewer kind of disliked my drawings but she liked me so she let me in. I must say that showing my art for the first time to someone with a lot more experience in the field, was a very vulnerable moment for me and getting kind of harshly criticized, wasn't my best moment of the week. I guess it's something that I need to get used to.

I am also lucky to have found another salsa lover Laura and we have been going dancing together the last couple of times. My body is now complaining because of all the dancing and my feet are definitely suffering a bit, but it's good to be back on the dance floor showing off my super sexy moves again.

exploring the city with Laura 
The family is now coming back from their trip in Oslo and I need to be creative and cook something...I'm out of ideas! D:

ps. One of the many strange things I discovered in Holland: Why do they sell only carbonated ice tea? Real ice tea has no bubbles!

And with that last strange fact I end my post. Have a nice evening and greetings from Amsterdam!


Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment