Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wanna see a movie?

Hey there!

I haven't told you this before, but I am a big fan of movies. It is so relaxing after a hard day at work to sit down and watch a good movie. Because renting in Finland is very expensive I borrow from the library which doesn't cost a thing! Here are some of my favourite movies that I though you might like as well if you are a girl hehe. I hate action movies...I never get the point of them and I usually fall asleep during the film :/
You might have noticed that my taste in music and books is a bit...different, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Old classic movies are always the best and they have a little bit of everything!
If you have any good movies in mind please leave a comment! :)

So Roman Holiday with Adrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck! This is one of the classics I was talking about. I can't say that I fell in love with this movie, but there is something about it that most movies these days don't have.
So the story is about this young princess who goes to Italy for a few days and decides to escape for a day and explore Rome. Of course on her way to new adventures she falls in love with this young charming man as expected! It has romance, comedy and a bit of drama.
To be honest a movie with Adrey Hepburn can never be a total disaster. It is annoying how gorgeus she is or used to be.
Out of ten I would give this movie a seven or an eight.

Numero dos The Help. No words to describe this movie and I mean it! This gets ten and no doubt about it.
I went to see this with my friens at the movie theater and then I got so excited that I bought the book and the DVD.
The story takes place in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960's during the civil rights movement. It is about a young girl who wants to write a book about the life of African-American maids. It is not a true story, but it really shows how much those people went through and the racism that used to exist those days.
I usually don't like to cry when I watch movies, but gosh I couldn't help it! Don't worry though it has many fun parts too :) 


Numero tres Julie and Julia.
I bought this movie for my mom as a Christmas gift and we both liked it very much...or at least I did!
Meryl Streep is one of the most amazing actresses and she really played her role very well.
This movie is based on two true stories. One of which is about Julia Child and her career as a chef and the other one is about Julie Powell who wants to cook all 524 Julia Child's recipes in one year and decides to write a blog about it.
At first when I read the plot I thought...naaah, but when I saw it it was really good! Just imagine doing more than one recipes a day...insane! So much to cook :P
Anyway! I really enjoyed this movie and I hope you do too :)


Last but not least Chocolat!
I watched this movie a few weeks ago and I have to say that it was pretty good! What movie isn't good if Johnny Depp is in it...hehe just kidding I am not too crazy about him, but he is a good actor.
So the story is about a single mom who moves to a small village in France with her daughter. At first she gets many enemies because of the way she thinks and acts, but in the end...oh wait...I am not supposed to tell you that :P
Just watch it and you won't regret it! It had some good music as well :)
I would give it an eight out of ten. Good but not excellent :P











So these are my chick flick movies for today! Now I am going to buy me some chocolate and gain some weight oh yeah! :D

Karoliina

4 comments:

  1. Some other good, old movies to see: "Gone with the Wind" ( alooong-one...), all the movies of Carlie Chaplin, musicals like "West Side Story" and Marilyn Monroe's " Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" to start with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuu sounds good, thank you! Charlie Chaplin is one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  2. Johnny Depp.................

    ReplyDelete