Monday, August 20, 2012

Mudcake

Hey there!

Yesterday I invited some friends over and I decided to make a mudcake! Whoever said that diamonds are a girls best friend is wrong...chocolate is MY best friend!
I had never made this cake before, but I thought I would give it a try and it wasn't that difficult after all...if I can do it, you can do it :)
Mostly I was afraid that it would be too dry but it turned out perfect. The whole idea of this cake is that you don't leave in the over for too long and the texture has to be a bit muddy ( that's where the name of the cake comes from tadaaa! ). Don't be scared if the cake falls flat when you take it out of the oven it is supposed to be that way :)
I compared different mudcake recipes and this is how I ended up making it.

Here is what you are going to need:

  • 2 dl sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 200gr butter
  • 200gr plain chocolate
  • 2½ dl flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder



1. whisk the eggs and the sugar
2. melt the plain chocolate and the butter and mix them together.  Add it to the egg-sugar foam.
3. Combine the dry ingredients ( flour and baking powder) and sieve it to the mixture.

Grease the pan ( or baking casserole or whatever you call it ) with butter and pour the mixture in it.

 Leave it in the oven for 20-25 minutes on 200 degrees. To be exact I left mine for 23 minutes exactly :P Of course it depends on the oven you have. Just don't leave it for too long and remember to keep an eye on it.

Let it cool down when you take it out of the oven and leave it in the fridge for a few hours before you serve it. Of course you can serve it a bit warm, but I prefered that it was a bit cold...do as you like :)
On top I just used some icing sugar. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream ( like I did ) or with whipped cream and raspberries. Be creative!



 Voilà!

Karoliina

2 comments:

  1. How did you melt the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I melted it in the microwave. It is the easiest and fastest way to do it in my opinion :) Cut the chocolate in small pieces and put it in the microwave. Remember to mix it every 20 seconds. Good luck! :)

      Delete