Monday, April 21, 2014

Pictures from Zwaag

From Cologne I took once again Bla bla car to Holland where I stayed with my friend Maria in a small village called Zwaag. Some pictures are from Hoorn which is right next to Zwaag.
Here you can read the little post I wrote about our cycling adventure to Hoorn. Good times!
 Fried cheese snacks
 My friend Maria from L.A that I met through couch surfing a year ago in my hometown in Greece. Small world right? 
 I kept seeing these kind of plastic flowers on people's bikes. In the beggining I thought it was more like a decoration thing, but it's more for recognizing your bike.
 Eating an apple strudel kind of thingy! It was good...
 Some interesting architecture
 I don't know if you can tell how the houses lean a bit forward. They told me that one reason to that was to make it easier to take up goods and furniture from street level to the windows above. 
Another reason was they had to pay tax on the size of the ground floor and did not have to pay extra for the bits the floors above did stick out.
Whatever the reason was, I kept having the feeling that the buildings were going to fall over anytime soon. Gladly that didn't happen while I was there :P
 How could we forget beer?
 and more beer...
 Two ducks that I met on the street just randomly
 Dutch take cycling seriously! I have never seen so many bikes in one place. You can only imagine how it was in Amsterdam! Now I understand even more the little flower decorations they put on the bikes.
 On our way back to Zwaag from Hoorn. We had to stop every once in a while because we had to check from the GPS that we were going the right way
 I went a bit crazy with taking pictures of the houses! It was the first time I saw something like that with the bridges and everything. It's so prettyyyyy!
 Pancakes the Dutch way
 Chicken with peanut sauce and fries. You will die while eating this.

More pictures from Amsterdam coming soon!
Χριστός Ανέστη my Greek friends ;)
 
Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment