Cake is the theme of today's post! One of my best friends had her birthday a few days ago so I didn't miss the chance to bake a cake for her :)
I put my imagination work and decided to make a banoffee cake. The combination of banana and toffee is just soo goood! Yummy!
For the base I used the same recipe as here!
For the filling you are going to need:
- 2-3 bananas
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3-4 dl milk
- 2 dl whipped cream
For the decoration:
- 2dl whipped cream
- milk chocolate
- nonpareil pearls
- chocolate wafer sticks
Basically there are different ways to make the toffee or dulce de leche. Here is a link if you have never made it before : http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Dulce-De-Leche
What I do is to put the can in a pot and leave it there for three hours in medium-high heat. Usually I make two at the same time because you can save the other can for another desert.
- Cut the cake in three slices and wet the first slice with milk
- Spread half of the toffee on one of the cakes
- Put on top the sliced banana
- Apply a thin layer of whipped cream
Leave the cake in the fridge for an hour before decorating.
- Whip the cream and apply it on top of the cake
- With a knife make the number on the cream and add the nonpareil pearls in a row
- Spread the grated chocolate around the number
- Apply the wafer sticks around the cake
Happy birthday honey!! :)