Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Banoffee cake

Hello there!
 
Cake is the theme of today's post! One of my best friends had her birthday a few days ago so I didn't miss the chance to bake a cake for her :)
 
I put my imagination work and decided to make a banoffee cake. The combination of banana and toffee is just soo goood! Yummy!
 
 
For the base I used the same recipe as here!
 
For the filling you are going to need:
  • 2-3 bananas
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 3-4 dl milk
  •  2 dl whipped cream
For the decoration:
  •  2dl whipped cream
  • milk chocolate
  • nonpareil pearls
  • chocolate wafer sticks
 
Basically there are different ways to make the toffee or dulce de leche. Here is a link if you have never made it before : http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Dulce-De-Leche
What I do is to put the can in a pot and leave it there for three hours in medium-high heat. Usually I make two at the same time because you can save the other can for another desert.
  1.  Cut the cake in three slices and wet the first slice with milk
  2. Spread half of the toffee on one of the cakes
  3. Put on top the sliced banana
  4. Apply a thin layer of whipped cream
Then you do the same process by putting another layer of cake (don't forget to wet it with milk!), toffee, banana and cream. To be honest I would leave the cream out because it became too heavy for my taste...but you do as you like ;)
Leave the cake in the fridge for an hour before decorating.

  • Whip the cream and apply it on top of the cake
  • With a knife make the number on the cream and add the nonpareil pearls in a row
  • Spread the grated chocolate around the number
  • Apply the wafer sticks around the cake
Voila! :)
Happy birthday honey!! :)
 
Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment